Recovering Together is a not-for-profit community program that was started and is currently being run by Crestline Equestrian. The program rescues slaughterbound horses while assisting young people with mental health or social issues to find support and friendship whilst learning about horse care and handling.
To date we have rescued 4 needy horses from the sale slaughter pen and have put them together with a team of 4 teens each who will be assisting in caring and rehabilitating them in order to give them a second chance!
To keep the program running we need:
- Donations! We need to raise ongoing funds to provide feed and veterinary care for the horses.
- Paddock Space! If you have paddock space and would be willing to accomodate a needy horse and it's team of carers - we need to hear from you!
- Supplies! If you can provide horse feed, rugs, worming and medical supplies - please call us today!
- Services! Are you a vet, farrier, horse trainer/handler and can spare some time to help our horses and teach our young people the basics of horse care and handling - we'd love to hear from you!
- Volunteers! If you are capable around horses and enjoy the company of young people, please let us know - we need voluteers who may be able to attend to the horses and supervise teens while they learn how to care for them.
This wonderful program will help both horses and teens who have had a rough time in life and will be a rewarding and life changing experience for all involved. We greatly appreciate any support you can offer!
We are also seeking a person or organisation who would like to take over the program and run it on an ongoing basis... If you are interested in this program, please contact us on 0403 873 845